Friday, April 29, 2011

Tiny Townhome Tour

OK, let's start this post off with some good news. Kyle has officially completed his first year of Physical Therapy School! YAY! Only two more years to go and I couldn't be more proud of him.

In light of that, I'm sure you've completely forgotten about the fact that we've been in Augusta for a year now and I'm just now showing you pictures of our home. Right? Good! I knew you would.

So if you'll humor me, let's rewind back to May 2010, when we managed to pack everything we owned into a (cleaned out) horse trailer and Kyle's F-150. Yes, the very redneck but FREE way to move!

We left behind this cute little cottage in Athens, affectionately called Periwinkle Place:

And here's where we are now, better known as our Tiny Townhome. I know it's not tiny compared to most places, but you all know how I love my alliteration.

As you walk in the front door, this cute little sign is the first thing you see. Kyle's cousin made it for us as a wedding gift, and now Kyle has no excuses for ever forgetting our anniversary! ;)

To the left is our kitchen:

And if you keep walking straight past the kitchen you'll see our dining area. It's not much, but it's enough for the two of us right now.

Walking a little further you'll see our living room:

When we first got married, we were particularly excited about how our living room came together. We got the two couches for $20 each from a college friend, used Target gift cards to buy some slipcovers, bought the coffee table for $20 and end tables for $8 each at Ikea, bringing the living room furniture total to a whopping $76! The price was definitely right.

Going out the back door, you'll see our little patio area. Kyle and I plan to purchase some outdoor cushions for the adirondack chairs so we can enjoy more evenings outside this summer.

Back inside and up the stairs, this hallway is what you see facing our bedroom door:

To the left of our bedroom door is our bathroom:

And to the left of the bathroom is the guest bedroom. Disclaimer: My college bedroom decor is standing in while we wait to find a more "grown-up" comforter set at a yard sale or something.

Across the hall from the guest bedroom is our bedroom, much more serene:

This frame is one of my favorite wedding gifts. It has "Mr. and Mrs." engraved in the bottom right corner, and I just love it.

So all of this to say...Kyle and I are moving. AGAIN. Like TODAY. Before you freak out, let me back up and explain. :)

An opportunity to rent a house came up back in February and it was exactly what we were looking for and more: 4 bedrooms/2 baths, fenced-in backyard, close to MCG, and only $10 more a month than what we are paying now. We are just in awe of how things worked out, the whole thing has obviously been orchestrated by the Lord and we are so thankful and humbled by this blessing. We signed the lease in March and set the move-in date for today, so here we are!

And yes, I kind of had an ulterior motive behind this post than just showing photos of our home because that's what everybody does. I wanted to remember our very first place in Augusta, the very first place we could call our own. Yes we are excited to move into a house and say goodbye to community living for now, but I wanted to write this post and be able to reminisce about our Tiny Townhome whenever I had the inkling to.

Hopefully it won't take me a year to post photos of the new house this time, I have extra motivation to fix things up quickly as Kyle's family and my family will be in town May 22 for Kyle's White Coat Ceremony. Holy guacamole batman, I gotta go get busy! Later y'all!

1 comment:

  1. Too cute! Its so funny.. I'll be doing the same thing in a couple of wks, lol! I feel exactly how you feel, leaving our little apartment is such a great feeling knowing we're headed for a cabin in the mountains, much closer to our families, but our little apartment was the first place together we called home. I am actually starting to tear up, so I'm going to sign off now, haha! We really are so happy for you guys though and cannot wait to see the new pics with Doc in his very own yard!
    -Megan Clay-

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails