Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Bible Study Resources

In my Christmas traditions post last year, I talked about how Kyle and I wanted to study Scripture together centered on Christ's birth throughout the Christmas season. Well about a month ago, when we were on our way to our small group Bible study, Kyle mentioned that he wanted to get back in the habit of reading the Bible and praying together as a couple, and I thought what better way to start than with a Christmas Bible study! Now I'm not saying any of this to toot our own horn, I just wanted to share with y'all what Kyle and I have decided to do in case any of you are still searching for Christmas Bible study resources. There are lots out there!

This year Kyle and I are focusing on Luke 1 - 2:21. To supplement our reading, we are watching weeks 1-8 in the Luke Sermon Series from Mars Hill Church, and using their corresponding Small Group Guide as our own guide for discussion. So far we've completed weeks 1-3, and it has been such a blessing in our life! I've learned so many new things about the gospel of Luke. I highly recommend checking out this sermon series, here is a screen shot from the Mars Hill website if you are curious:

Another great thing to do is follow an Advent reading plan. Providence Church has a list of daily readings that started on Sunday, November 27, but don't worry about having to catch up! It's never too late to start. YouVersion even has several Advent reading options that you can use from your smartphone. Pretty cool!

Now it's your turn: I'd love to hear what the rest of y'all are using for your Christmas Bible study/Advent reading. Kyle and I need some ideas for next year! :)

2 comments:

  1. Our pastor published a book last year on the Joys of the Advent Season. It is a collection of his favorite Advent Sermons ... a great nightly reading. I'll send it your way next year if you are interested!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katie! That would be great if you could send it our way! Though I'm not sure where we'll be living this time next year so I'll keep you posted on that.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails