Thursday, December 22, 2011

Haul Out The Holly

Only 3 more days 'til Christmas! Yay! I am SO ready to be off work and spend some quality time with family and my precious dog. Almost there! So before we dash off for the holidays, I thought I would show you how we decorated our house for Christmas this year.

First up, our kitchen table centerpiece! This only set us back one measly buckaroo. The ornaments I got at an ornament swap a couple weeks ago (hit the jackpot on that one!), the greenery I clipped from the bottom of our Christmas tree, and the berries I cut from a tree we have in our backyard. The only thing I paid for in this arrangement was the vase, which I got for $1 at a yard sale. I love it!

Next is our Christmas card wreath, which is one of my favorite new additions! This was a really easy craft I saw on Pinterest. All I needed was an embroidery hoop, ribbon, and small clothespins.

I hot glued the clothespins in alternating directions on the embroidery hoop, and then hung it on the wall with some festive ribbon. I went with red gingham since I loved how it looked in the inspiration photo.

So instead of our fridge looking like crazytown, we get to stare at this cute display everyday!

Moving into our living room, you'll see our stockings hanging underneath a shelf, which is acting as our fantle (faux mantle).

I love how we have a stocking for Doc this year, though there's no way the big rawhide we got him will fit in that tiny thing! Oh and please ignore the fact that our stockings are in desperate need of some ironing. I just didn't get around to it, so they have been nice and wrinkly all season. :)

Our coffee table centerpiece is also something I threw together with things we already had on hand. (Trivia tidbit: The taller candle is the unity candle from our wedding!)

In our kitchen I have on display one of my favorite Christmas gifts I've ever received. My boss from when I interned at The Georgia Club gave it to me, and it says "The Dawgs were nestled all snug in their beds, while visions of bowl games danced in their heads." Is that not perfect, or what? It kind of got lost in the sea of boxes from our move last Christmas, but I made sure it was front and center in our kitchen this year.

And last but not least, I wanted to show y'all a final photo of our Christmas tree with all the presents wrapped underneath it. I finally put the finishing touches on everything this past weekend before our Christmas date night. I can't wait to give them away and see everyone's faces when they open them!

Enjoy the rest of your Thursday! I am signing off for a few days to soak up this time with family and dear friends, and I hope you get to do the same! Most of all, I hope you can take time to reflect on the real reason why we celebrate: the birth of Jesus and the blessed redemption he brought us. Merry Christmas, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. What fun decorations!!:) Great job....I've seen some of the same things on Pinterest too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! Gotta love Pinterest and the endless inspiration it provides!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails