Monday, June 13, 2011

We Heart Gigi's Cupcakes

It's amazing what cupcakes can make people do. Like steal them from the cake table at a wedding before you're supposed to. See, what happened was...

I was minding my own business, enjoying the meal at Leah and Matt's reception on Saturday, when I noticed a mass crowd gathering around the cake table. I thought maybe the bride & groom were getting ready to cut the cake? Nope. Everyone was laying claim to their cupcake, and they were disappearing fast. It was like watching a feeding frenzy on Animal Planet.

Even though it seemed a little odd, I thought someone gave all those people the go-ahead, so I dived after picked up a cupcake for myself as well.

And you guessed it, I grabbed a chocolate one! But I'm pretty sure it should've been called cream cheese frosting with a side of chocolate cupcake instead. There was SO MUCH frosting. And I'm pretty sure I needed a nap after eating it.

Kyle's mom got cream cheese frosting with a side of chocolate cupcake as well. I love that look of sheer delight on her face. I think that's how everybody feels inside when they eat Gigi's Cupcakes!

Thanks to Leah for this genius idea! It was obviously a big hit. More on Matt & Leah's wedding later, as well as other weekend things. Just wanted to quickly share one of my favorite details from the wedding with you. And hey, to spice up your Monday, go get yourself one of Gigi's cupcakes. They have locations all over the stinkin' place!

1 comment:

  1. Is it sad that I know the exact names of both of those cupcakes?? haha She has good taste! Those are 2 of my favorite flavors!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails