Friday, July 6, 2012

12 in 2012: Reading List Update

Happy Friday, friends! I think it's time for a Reading List update. :)

Since I posted my 12 in 2012 Reading List in January, I have only read three books. Yep, just three. Speed Reader of the Year award right here! I blame it on the fact that this has been the busiest year for Kyle and me to date. Kyle is in his last semester of classes before 8 months of clinical rotations, I am working full time while simultaneously trying to build my photography business portfolio, and somewhere in there we have to feed ourselves, take care of Doc, and (attempt) to keep the house clean. Which unfortunately means not much time to sit down and read, but hopefully that will change in the coming 6 months (for my sanity's sake)! Here are the three books I've read so far this year:

An Echo in the Darkness by Francine Rivers


The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks

The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory

And right now I am in the middle of:

Here Burns My Candle by Liz Curtis Higgs


As you can see, I'm definitely a fan of historical fiction (and seriously, remind me to never read another Nicholas Sparks novel again). I am not going to make so lofty a goal as to review all the books I've read this year, but I would like to review my favorites. So be on the lookout for a few book reviews scattered here and there throughout the rest of this year. :) 

And speaking of  book reviews, am I the only one living under a rock and didn't know about the world of book bloggers out there? A few months ago I came across Hannah's blog and fell in love with the book blog genre! Let me tell you, these book bloggers are impressive. While I think reading 12 books in one year is an accomplishment, they read 12 books in one month. Personally, I think my best friend Jenny would make a great book blogger. Case in point--this recent Facebook post from her hubs: 


 Am I right? We were meant to be BFF because I am practically doing the same thing right now. I can't ever just have one book on my nightstand. So what books are on your reading list lately? Did you set any goals for reading in 2012? Feel free to share in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. Haha Jenny and I could be twins in the book department. Absolutely LOVED that series by Francine Rivers. I've read it a few times. I haven't read The Other Boleyn Girl. Is it good?
    I'm currently trying to read Gone With The Wind. It's as big as my study Bible!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails