Monday, August 22, 2011

Brunch, Downtown Fairhope + The Ceremony

The morning of my cousin's wedding, her grandmother (on the other side of the family) hosted a brunch at The Fairhope Inn, a charming bed & breakfast within walking distance of downtown Fairhope. Grandmother Peggy came up with the concept of these centerpieces herself--aren't they lovely?

We sat at a table with Ashley and Alan, my Uncle Bill, my cousin Ali, her boyfriend, Ernesto, and Ali's cousin, Britt. But somehow I only grabbed a picture of Ashley and Alan and myself and Kyle. Oh well! We had a great time catching up with family over eggs benedict and the best banana nut bread I've ever had. It was all I could do to keep Kyle from stealing mine. :)

After brunch, my Mom, Dad and I quickly changed and shopped around downtown Fairhope. One of my favorite stores was the last place we went, Ole Bay Mercantile. They had the CUTEST Christmas decorations and got me all excited about the Holidays. 4 months and counting this Thursday, y'all!

I thought these could be neat dining room chairs if you painted them a fun color and put cushions on the seats:

Another thing I loved about Fairhope was the flowers! They were everywhere and just calling my name to be photographed. So I obliged. :)

As if the day couldn't get any better, I came back to the hotel room to find that HP6 was on HBO. Score! I allowed myself to watch about 10 minutes and then left it on while I got ready for the wedding. Perfect background movie if you ask me. :)

Then we were off to St. Francis at the Point Episcopal Church for the wedding ceremony. And oh my goodness, what a beautiful church! The nearly floor-to-ceiling windows allowed natural light to just flood in, a photographer's dream. And don't get me started on Creagh's dress and hair. She was an absolutely exquisite bride!

Caught Mom in the act! I do believe I got my love of pictures from her.

Then the wedding party was off to the reception in this bad boy. Back tomorrow with the reception details!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails