Saturday, January 1, 2011

Praying for Passion


Today is the first day of the Passion 2011 conference in Atlanta, and I so wish I could be there! If you've never heard of Passion, it's basically a (rather large) gathering of students and leaders united for Christ's name and renown, to renew a deep and passionate pursuit of Jesus and to learn how that translates into serving others wholeheartedly. It's a conference unlike any other, where you are guaranteed to encounter Jesus and be challenged and stretched spiritually like never before. I went in 2007 with my sister, Ashley, and my best friend, Jenny, and I've never been the same.

{L-R: Jenny, Me, & Anne Marie waiting for a Main Session to start in Philips Arena.}

{Back Row L-R: Nathan & Katelyn, Alan & Ashley; Front Row L-R: Jenny, Me, Anne Marie, Nicole & Kiera}

This year, my little brother Drew will be there with some of his friends from UGA, and I can't wait to hear about his experience. Here's Drew getting his Passion ticket as a Christmas present:


And like the post title says, I'll be praying not just for Passion the conference over the next couple of days, but also for passion in the general sense to be renewed in myself and other believers. May we live unconditionally for Him in 2011!

2 comments:

  1. Ahh it was as amazing as expected! Wish you could have been there but I'm glad your brother got to experience it. Thanks for your prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ansley! I was able to catch a few of the main sessions on Passion Live, but I'm sure it was nothing compared to actually being there in person.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails