Friday, June 25, 2010

Cheesy Olive Balls

My husband is a FANTASTIC cook. He should seriously be a chef on the side of being a physical therapist (is that possible?). He makes great waffles, homemade mac + cheese, steaks, I could go on and on. So I thought I would share with you the tasty goodness that is the appetizer he made for my birthday dinner, Cheesy Olive Balls. They are super easy and super good, perfect as a dinner party starter or munchies for a tailgate. We will definitely make more of these once football season rolls around!




Ingredients
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup flour
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
24 pimento-stuffed olives

Directions

Heat oven to 400° F. Drain olives and pat dry with towels. Combine cheese and butter in a bowl. Add flour and cayenne and blend until well mixed. Drop the dough by tablespoons onto wax paper and wrap or mold each piece of dough around an olive, covering it completely. Bake the wrapped olives on a baking sheet on the middle rack for 15 minutes or until golden. Serve warm.

Bon Appétit!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I want to try some! My birthday is coming up, can you loan your husband out to cook for my birthday?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails