Thursday, June 24, 2010

twenty two.

Man, I am loving this day.

First, I woke up to a trail of M&M's (my husband is a man after my own heart!) leading all the way downstairs to a funny poem of what Kyle had planned for my birthday.





Tonight he's going to make me dinner and he did a fabulous job coming up with the menu: Cheesy olive balls for the appetizer (recipe post to follow), teriyaki-marinated steak and grilled zucchini and squash for the entrée, and peanut butter brownies à la mode for dessert! Doesn't it make your mouth water?

The celebration will continue tomorrow with a shopping trip with my mom and sister and then a family dinner at The Bonefish Grill. Kyle has never been to TBG, so I am very excited about going there! They really do have some of the best seafood for a chain restaurant. And then to top it all off, Kyle is taking me to dinner at Two Urban Licks in Atlanta on Saturday night. I can hardly contain my excitement! We went there to celebrate our one year dating anniversary, so it's almost been three years since we've been back and I've been dying to go! Two is truly one of the most unique dining experiences I've ever had and trust me, it is a delight to the taste buds. I mean, they have a bocce ball court with a view of the Atlanta skyline in the background. They just win.


But I do have to admit, one exciting tidbit I enjoyed about my birthday was that Her Majesty The Queen of England visited Wimbledon for the first time in thirty-three years today. Anyone who knows me knows that Wimbledon is my favorite Grand Slam tennis tournament, and it just tickled me slightly that this momentous occasion happened on my birthday. And can I just point out how much I love her Tiffany Blue outfit? I want to look like that when I'm 84 (er, speaking of getting older).



{Photo by AELTC/Pro Sport} Well, I'm off to enjoy the weekend. I'll be busy getting things ready for Megan's bridal shower Saturday morning and preparing for my NEW JOB, which starts on Monday! Lot's going on, but life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails