When Kyle and I decided to document our adventures as newlyweds through a blog, we wondered where it should begin. Do we reflect back on our wedding day? Do we gush about how much we loved our honeymoon trip to Jamaica? What about everything that has happened the past three months (okay and eleven days for all you perfectionists out there)? Well, we came up with this list that will hopefully serve to catch you up on the happenings of the Fentons since that lovely day in March.
1. We got married on March 6 (duh).*
2. For 5 days after the wedding, we honeymooned at Sandals Montego Bay in Jamaica (miss it so much!).
3. We came home to a LOT of wedding presents. I'm still working on the thank you notes (eek!).
4. We were able to spend our first Easter as a married couple with both sets of parents.
5. I surprised Kyle with a trip to Lake Oconee for his 23rd birthday. Here he's enjoying some crab cake instead of birthday cake from The Landing Restaurant. Fair trade I suppose. :)
6. As our "big" wedding present, Kyle's parents got us a front-loading washer and dryer. Such a blessing! And here's my plug for front-loaders if you're in the market: They use 40-60% less water than top-loaders, saving you money on your water bill, and they clean by tumbling instead of pulling, which gives your clothes longer life. We love them!
7. On May 8, I graduated from UGA with a Bachelor's degree in Public Relations. Magna cum laude baby!**
8. The very next day after graduation, we moved into our 2 bedroom townhome in Augusta. To say we were tired would be an understatement.
9. Kyle started Physical Therapy school at the Medical College of Georgia on May 16. He's going to be a ballin' PT! But since I have no photo for that, I'm including my roomie Julie's wedding in #9 too. She became the beautiful Mrs. Minton on the sweet 22nd of May!
10. Weetle brudder graduated from Loganville High School and officially became a Georgia Bulldawg on May 28. So proud of him! And #10 is doing double time too, because the next day Kyle and I flew up to Williamsburg, VA for his cousin Amy's wedding. You'll have to ask me why her wedding wins for 2010 so far! ;)
So there you have it, folks! As you can see, we've been really busy this summer, and this weekend will be no exception. Kyle's childhood best friend, Andy Morris, will be getting married on Saturday to the beautiful Kallie Barber. And Sunday we'll be chilling with the always interesting Dr. Fenton for Father's Day. Stories and pictures to follow :)
*Photo by Belletti Photography
**Photo by Blane Marable Photography