Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Sailing Trip Day 5: Sandy Spit + Cane Garden Bay

Today marks the halfway point for the Sailing Trip recap posts. Thanks for tagging along on our journey so far! Day 5 of our trip was also Mother's Day, and I don't think we could have been in a more beautiful place to celebrate Kyle's mom. I am so thankful to have her as a Mother-In-Law! I also got to call my mom that night since Christina had an international plan on her phone, and I got to wish her a happy Mother's Day from 1,578 miles away! I haven't been able to be with my mom for the past two years on Mother's Day, so hopefully that will change next year. 

We started the day off with some french toast for breakfast, and then went snorkeling off the boat in Diamond Cay. Thanks to Zach for these snorkeling photos! Among other things, we saw some starfish, sea urchins and some pretty yellow + blue fish (not even gonna pretend I know what they are really called).


After snorkeling, we got back on the boat and reapplied our sunscreen while Kyle's dad motored across the way to Green Cay and Sandy Spit, a tiny island off the coast of Little Jost Van Dyke. It looks exactly like what you would think a deserted island would look like. It was paradise!

After arriving on shore by kayak and dinghy, we took some group photos with Zach's camera in our trip shirts.
Soon we had to get out of those hot shirts, and we took some more photos as we walked around. 

Kyle's attempt at a solo jumping photo...

...and me showing him how it's done.

This island was so gorgeous. I could've spent all day here, sitting in the shade of that palm tree sipping on a frozen drink. Yes please!

Once we were all ready for lunch, we headed back to the boat and then made our way over to Cane Garden Bay in Tortola. After we moored up in Cane Garden Bay, a few of us headed to shore to restock on groceries, while the rest of us stayed behind on the boat and got things cleaned up for dinner. Once we were all together again, we all headed to shore and enjoyed a long walk on the beach as the sun set. :)

Cane Garden Bay was one of my favorite anchorages. Something about the taller mountains surrounding the bay with the colorful houses sprinkled all over was just so beautiful to me. We enjoyed grilled steaks and scallops for dinner that night on the boat, and thus concluded our whirlwind of a Mother's Day in the islands. Up next, Lee Bay and Marina Cay off Great Camanoe!

3 comments:

  1. These pictures are gorgeous! I'm loving this recap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos are out of this world! True paradise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm holding you to your Mother's Day promise for next year!! Plus - the pictures are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails