Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Weekend Things

This past weekend was super bizz-ay, but still so very fun!

Friday night I went to see Breaking Dawn with my sister, best friend and a few other girls from their small group at church. The verdict? Let's just say I'm glad I only paid $6 for my ticket (thanks to this deal from Travel Zoo). I was so disappointed, which seems to be the general consensus. Way too much cheese for me. Hopefully Part 2 can redeem it! (Thanks Mattie for the iPhone pic!)

Saturday afternoon we hosted a baby shower for one of my best friends, Ashley. We had so much fun munching on our chick food and oohing & aahing over all the cute stuff she got, such as this (holy-cuteness-batman!) piggy bank:

Casiana Grace, isn't that a beautiful name? A beautiful name coming from an obviously beautiful mother:

Right after the baby shower, I took some family photos for my sister, Ashley (not to be confused with pregnant best-friend Ashley) and her husband Alan in the gorgeous late afternoon light. I'm still editing the photos, but it looks like there are quite a few with Christmas Card potential! :)

Saturday night we took Lauren out to downtown Athens for her bachelorette party. I can't believe she is getting married in a month and a half, and I'll get to see my Fab Five girls all over again!

Sunday afternoon I had some sweet roomie catch-up time with Julie from The Smitten Mintons! When I saw that she was going to be in town for Thanksgiving, I immediately messaged her to get together since we hadn't seen each other since the Georgia-South Carolina game in 2010! It was so good to catch up with her over a Gingerbread Latte (it's practically Christmas in a cup, y'all!).

We chatted for almost two hours, but it wasn't nearly long enough. I miss this girl so much! Like she mentioned on her blog, Julie and her husband Doug were our favorite couple to double date with. We always had so much fun! Guess this means we'll just have to make a special trip out to California to make another double date happen. ;)

Sorry about the close up, Julie, but you are beautiful so it doesn't matter! Well that is it for last weekend, I didn't even unpack once I got back home to Augusta because we are turning right around and leaving for my parent's house again tomorrow. Gotta love the holiday season and feeling like you live out of a suitcase. And if I don't get a chance to post again before Thursday, I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails