Thursday, October 27, 2011

Surprise Picnic Dinner Date

Hey y'all! Today I just have to brag on my husband a little bit. The other night he planned the sweetest date night for us, and it meant so much to me!

Everything seemed like a typical Friday, and Kyle even called to see what I was making for dinner like usual. Once we pulled in our driveway after work/school, Kyle told me I could go put on something cute and then relax on the couch while he started dinner. Sweet! Though I was getting a little suspicious at this point, I did what he asked and put on a cute outfit and then hung out on the couch reading The Hunger Games. I asked him if I could help with dinner and was promptly banned from coming in the kitchen at all. My kind of Friday night! Eventually Kyle asked me if I was ready to go, and that's when I found out we would be having a picnic dinner on the lawn at Hammond's Ferry. So sweet!

Kyle made us shrimp scampi with fettuccine, garlic bread, and brought along some Moscato to wash everything down. It was perfect!

I probably could have worn pajama pants and a t-shirt and you would never have known since I was bundled up in a blanket the whole time. I have my mother's cold-naturedness!

We topped everything off with a slice of Perfect Chocolate Cake from Boll Weevil. And yes, y'all, that is just ONE slice! You really get the bang for your buck when it comes to dessert at Boll Weevil. It took us about 3 days to finish it all!

After that we cuddled up and watched a movie under the stars on Kyle's laptop. It was so fun to just laugh and relax with my husband, just what I needed. Thank you for planning such a fun date, hubs!

On a kinda (ok completely) unrelated note, I had to share this picture of my baby with y'all:

He's too cute for his own good. Love the picture, don't love the pile of laundry that needs to be folded in the background. :) Up next, our camping trip recap!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails