Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Books In My Beach Bag


Y'all. Vacation is SO CLOSE, I can almost smell that glorious salty air already! My plan for the week is to post up in my beach chair and just read a ton of books. I know everybody's definition of a good beach read is different, and for me, I just want a legit good book. It doesn't necessarily have to be light and fun, I just want a story that draws me in. I'm planning on bringing at least 6 different choices with me, so we'll see what ends up tickling my fancy! Here's what you can find in my beach bag this summer:

Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson: Ok, I'm not just bringing this because the cover is pretty. I've heard the story inside is just as beautiful (and a bit of a tearjerker). But isn't it one of the prettiest covers you've ever seen? I love the peachy tones and the watercolor feel to the font treatment. It looks like a painting that belongs at a lake house. 

Kisses From Katie by Katie Davis: Kyle gave me this book for my birthday, and I've been waiting to read it when I had time to really sit down and soak it all in (perfect for the beach). I know this book has the potential to be life-changing, and I can't wait to see what I learn from it. 

Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand: Every person who has read this book says it is one of the best books they have ever read. And that they are a better person for having read it. I usually don't bring non-fiction with me to the beach, but this one has me so intrigued that I can't wait to dive in and see what this story is all about.

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead: I know, I know. Vampires, really? Can we just not anymore? I totally understand that sentiment. My best friend and I were texting a few months ago that we wish we could unread the Twilight series. But I have heard Vampire Academy completely blows Twilight out of the water, and after reading Hannah's review of the series, I decided to try the first book and see what the fuss is all about.

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare: I am in the midst of reading the prequel series to this book right now, and Cassandra Clare has solidly won a place on my all-time favorite authors list. I love her writing so much. There is a lot of hype surrounding this book with the movie coming out in August, but I trust that Clare's writing will live up to it! 

Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo: This is another beautiful cover that immediately drew my attention, it is so refreshing and different. Plus, it's just fun to get lost in a fantasy world while you are at the beach (hello, there is a map at the beginning!). And I've heard this one is absolutely made of awesome, y'all.  

So there you go! The books I may or may not be reading at the beach this summer. I say may not, because my favorite thing to do is make a list and completely not stick to it, plus I'm bringing my Nook with me that has a bunch of other books I want to read on it too (like Under the Never Sky and Jellicoe Road). So what books will you be reading at the beach this summer? Or are you more of a play in the water and build sandcastles kind of person? Trust me, there will be a lot of that going on during our vacation too! :) 

1 comment:

  1. So jealous you're going to the beach! I pretty much read 24/7 when I'm on vacation. I want to read Unbroken so bad. And I know I've told you already...but you'll LOVE Kisses from Katie.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails