Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A Silly String Gender Reveal Party


When our UGA BFFs Andy and Jami told us they were pregnant back in February, I just about DIED from surprise and excitement!! I think Kyle was really excited too, since the first thing out of his mouth was "I'm going to be an Uncle"! We are just thrilled to pieces for them as they prepare for this next chapter in life, and needless to say, were super excited to find out if Baby Homrich was a Little Man or a Little Miss at their gender reveal party a couple of weeks ago. 

Andy and Jami live in the cutest little Midtown home with an awesome view of the Atlanta skyline, so their charming backyard was the perfect place to host the party on a warm April afternoon. When the guests first walked out to the backyard, Andy and Jami had a table setup for everyone to cast their vote.    Depending on your pick, you either grabbed a mustache or pink lips just for fun and to be used later as a photo prop. (In case you were wondering, I voted boy and Kyle voted girl. You'll see who guessed right in a sec!). 






For the food, the deck was divided into two sections--the left side had a table full of typical boy cravings and the right had typical girl cravings. It was a really cute setup!






Now for the fun part, the big reveal! We took a quick group photo with everyone's picks before it was time to go crazy with the silly string.


This was actually my first time going to a gender reveal party, but from all the different blogs I've read and ideas I've seen on Pinterest, this is by far the most fun idea I've seen. It's a great way to get everyone involved and isn't anticlimactic. 

Andy and Jami already knew the gender since they wanted a few days of just the two of them knowing, but nobody else, not even Jami's parents, knew. So they purchased a bunch of cans of silly string from the dollar store and wrapped them in kraft paper so nobody could see the color, either blue for boy or pink for girl. 


And then, at the count of three, everyone went crazy with the silly string and found out it's a...





GIRL!!!





Since I was the official photographer I didn't participate in the silly string chaos, but it was a lot of fun to see everyone's reaction. And the hugs afterward. Those were the sweetest. You can tell their family is really excited!








I cannot even handle this picture. There were SIX future mamas at the party! 





Andy and Jami, 
We are just so happy for y'all! We can't WAIT to meet little miss Homrich. In the meantime, I'm going to avoid the baby clothes section at Target like the plague, lest I buy EVERYTHING I see for baby girl!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lesley, thank you for sharing this! What a fun party, and I can't even believe all those mommies-to-be. It must have been a strategized plan. ;) The gender reveal party trend is so adorable and fun for the family, and I am really excited to get on board. Not planning to have another (already have two boys!) but I designed a reversible boy-to-girl clothing line called Turnovers and I'm working out the details for our gender reveal party service. I just love the whole thing, and also a huge fan of waiting until delivery to find out the gender. -Did that with my first baby, and the surprise and emotion of hearing "it's a boy" in the delivery room was AMAZING. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails