Wednesday, March 6, 2013

AnniversarTHREE


Today Kyle and I are celebrating our third wedding anniversary! And on the side, we are also celebrating that this is our last anniversary with one of us being a full-time student. Cheers to THAT, y'all! We are two months away from Kyle realizing one of his biggest dreams, and you can bet that has come with a lot of hard work, stressful decisions, uncertainty, and frustration, but also a lot of JOY. I have learned so much these past three years being married to Kyle, and I thought I would put a little spin on that for our anniversary post today. Kyle and I are both going to share three things we've learned about each other since we got married, which means Kyle will be making his first ever appearance on the blog today! He must really love me to agree to that. :) So here goes nothing!


1. He has an incredible servant's heart.
One of the many reasons I fell in love with Kyle when we were dating in college was because of the way he treated me. He would always go out of his way to make me feel special, and there is one example that continues to stick out in my mind to this day. Whenever we would eat in the dining hall at UGA, he would ALWAYS take my tray for me when it was time to leave, in addition to his own. I know it seems like a minor thing, but just seeing him walking to the tray drop-off with both trays in hand, insisting that I let him do it, reassured me that he approached our relationship with a servant's heart. And even though he's not perfect, he's continued to strive for that throughout our past three years of marriage. When we lived in Augusta, he would wake up every morning and make my lunch for me before work, he gives Doc a bath everytime he needs one because of my allergies, and he diligently takes care of our finances. I just love him so much for all the things he does for our family.

  
2. He is going to be an AWESOME Physical Therapist.
Ok so this one is kinda cheating, since I already knew this about Kyle before we got married. But as we have journeyed together through PT school these past three years, every day I am more and more convinced that Physical Therapy is what Kyle was born to do. It just comes so naturally to him, and I love to see how happy it makes him to be able to help people in this way. I think that is his desire above everything else, to build relationships with people and show them the love of Jesus through Physical Therapy. I cannot wait to see the amazing things God is going to do through his career!

  
3. His obsession with Star Wars (and Mountain Dew, for that matter) goes a tad bit beyond obsession.
Yes, this is also something I knew about Kyle before we got married, but the extent to which he really loved the Star Wars franchise I did not know. Back in high school he became the proud owner of a Storm Trooper helmet, and since we got married he has added the Star Wars Cookbook and a Darth Vader spatula to his paraphernalia collection, among other things. Whenever we watch the movies together, we could probably watch them on mute and he would still know every word. I actually gave him The Pioneer Woman's Star Wars movie quiz way back when and he aced it without me even giving him the choices. Oh, and I'm pretty sure the day this was announced was the best day of his adult life. Even though I've sufficiently embarrassed him now (he says I haven't), there's no doubt I still love my Star Wars nerd to pieces!


1. She sleeps more than 8 hours. 
Lesley Anne told me when we started dating that she couldn't sleep more than 8 hours a night. Well that was pretty much completely wrong. If she falls asleep on the couch at 9 o’clock and then doesn't get up until 8 the next morning, last I checked that added up to 11 hours. 8-11 = more than 8 hours sleep. Wait, wha? But its ok, because she looks beautiful when she is sleeping. Except that time she fell asleep in the front seat of the car on the way to Charleston. That was just funny!


2. She is someone that I can't live without.
Every morning when I leave for work, I get a little sad that I have to leave Lesley Anne and Doc behind. I think about what it might be like if I didn't have her around, and I get sick to my stomach. I love her so much that I can't stand to think what it might have been like if we had never met. She is the reason why I miss home when I leave in the morning. She is the reason I am excited to come home at night. And she is the reason why it suits me just fine sitting at the house on a Friday night with my family!


3. She never gets tired of supporting me.
Lesley Anne is always writing blog posts bragging about me and giving people info on my journey through PT school. Sometimes I feel like she is talking about someone other than me because I don't feel like I could live up to some of the things she says. But I know it is because she loves me so much and is proud of me. That makes me so grateful because she deserves so much credit. I wouldn't be where I am without God leading me and giving me provision, and so much of that provision that he has given me to get through school is her. She does the everyday things that need to be done so I can focus on school, like cooking, cleaning, and making that money! But more importantly, she constantly lifts me up and encourages me, tells me that she is proud of me, and believes in me. Without that I might have tapped out a long time ago. I love her so much and can’t thank her enough for believing in me.


Wow, that got mushy pretty quick! Sorry we put you through that. But if there's any day you are going to get mushy, your anniversary is a pretty good day to do it I guess. We are going to celebrate tonight by watching our wedding video and sipping on some sparkling wine, then we are going out for a fancy schmancy dinner in the city on Saturday. Here's to a fabulous fourth year of marriage ahead!

1 comment:

  1. You guys are so sweet! I have to say that #3 is my personal favorite thing about Kyle, I mean #1 is great and all, but #3 takes him to another level entirely! Happy Anniversary love birds!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails