Thursday, July 28, 2011

Shopping in Downtown Hendersonville

On the second full day of our trip to North Carolina, we ventured out to Downtown Hendersonville. There are at least two things that have to happen when you go to Hendersonville: (1) Eat at Mike's on Main Street and (2) Buy a bag full of old-fashioned candy that weighs at least one pound from The Mast General Store. Thankfully both of those things happened and more!

We started things off on the right foot by enjoying lunch at Mike's on Main. Unfortunately, since everybody else knows how scrumptious Mike's is, we had to sit outside. But thankfully it was only a high in the mid 80s, which is basically a wintertime temp in Augusta.

After lunch my Aunt Catherine , Caroline and Jacob had to hit the road, so we grabbed a few more family photos before they left.

The rest of us then walked around downtown, stopping in antique stores, the Mast General Store, and my favorite, The Silver Fox Gallery. I was specifically on the hunt for some antique books, and I ended up finding these perfect treasures at Jane Asher's Antiques:

They are now on a shelf in our guest bedroom, and I have some fun things planned for that shadow box as well.

I also got this doily, which I plan to drape over some other old books in the guest bedroom. It gives them that much-needed finishing touch of whimsy. I love it!

P.S. This is the bear right outside Jane Asher Antiques. You can find these bears all over downtown Hendersonville, each one decorated in a unique way. It always reminds me of the bulldog statues in Athens!

P.P.S. As you can see, I had quite the photo shoot helper. I couldn't have done it without him! ;)

Hope y'all enjoy the rest of your Thursday. The weekend is almost here, yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails