Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Hello 2013

2013 has started out with quite a bang as I spent most of New Year's Day sick on the couch. The unplanned down time gave me plenty of time to pray and think about the year ahead, and to reflect on the year now behind us. When I look back on 2012 and everything that it held, I cannot help but be reminded that God is good. Always.

Even when I never thought I would find a new job. Even when we came to the point where we had no idea where we were going to live. Even when we lost a dearly loved family member to a terrible disease. Even when we saw friends experience unspeakable pain in their own family life. In the midst of it all, the one thing I know I can take away from 2012 is that God is good no matter what. And that will never change. Even when I can't see it, God knows exactly what He is doing with the direction of my life. And He will always be enough.

For the past couple of weeks, I have found myself anticipating 2013 more than any other year in my life to date. This year holds so many new things for us. It will be the year that Kyle graduates and finally becomes a Physical Therapist, it will be the year we hopefully become homeowners, it will be the year we take a landmark trip to a new place, and most of all it will be the year we find a long-time church home and get involved in ministry together. I am just so excited about what's in store for 2013! Some words I hope to live by this year...

 Image via Lara Casey

Happy New Year, everyone. Here's to a fabulous 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails