Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Oh, you know, just Anchorman 2 filming in our office parking lot.

Unless you currently live in Georgia or know people that live in Georgia, you might not know that Hollywood has basically taken over the city of Atlanta. There are movies, TV shows, and commercials being filmed EVERYWHERE. And I mean everywhere. 42, Trouble With the Curve, Catching Fire, What To Expect When You're Expecting, Walking Dead, and The Vampire Diaries are just a few recent movies and TV shows that filmed here in Georgia. Sometimes my coworkers and I will take a "walk" during lunch just to sneak a peek at what's being filmed over at the Capitol, but lately I haven't had to go that far to get an up-close look at a movie set...


Yep, Anchorman 2 is currently filming in my office parking lot! One Friday I noticed some sort of scaffolding going up around the building next to my parking lot, and I didn't think much about it. Then I came back to work on Monday to all of this. A full-blown movie set.






I did some Googling and found out it was Anchorman 2 from trusty ol PeachyScoop. Later that week it was confirmed when I noticed a lady rolling around a wardrobe rack of seventies-style clothing, and I saw a few extras jump out of a van sporting afros, mustaches and bell bottoms. I haven't spotted any big names like Will Ferrell or Steve Carrell yet, but if I do, trust me, I will FREAK. I will have to channel my inner Julie Minton to get enough nerve to approach them! ;) 

So to all my Georgia readers, have you had any celebrity sightings since filming has become more popular around Atlanta? Have you been an extra in anything? I am DYING to be an extra in one of the Hunger Games films! Good thing Mockingjay is being split into two parts so my chances have doubled now! (And yes, I recognize the irony in both of those last two statements, lol).

1 comment:

  1. Girl, this is awesome! The shout out made me laugh :) Hope you get to see some of the actors! I've had a crush on Paul Rudd ever since Clueless :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails